Tuesday 17 September 2013

Truro, Chapel Porth and Watergate Bay

Tuesday 17th September 2013

It was forecast to be a miserable day so we decided to see a few of Cornwall's sights.  I haven't been to Truro before and I was very impressed, we mainly went to have a look round the cathedral which was very impressive.

Truro Cathedral.

And on the inside.

In the afternoon, the weather really did it's worst.  We went to have a look at Chapel Porth a small cove near St Agnes, now I'm sure this is a really lovely place on a calm dry day but today, oh my word!!  I tried to get out of the car in the car park and the door shut on me it was so windy, the combination of a very strong wind, rain and sea spray made for quite an experience! We did a fair bit of people watching and it was fascinating. Then we moved on along the coast to Newquay and on to Watergate Bay, neither of these looked very appealing in the grim weather conditions!  Newquay looked much nicer than I remember it but then it's probably been twenty years since my last drive through.

By the way it was only about 4 in the afternoon although in these photos it looks a lot darker and later.

Fistral Beach, Newquay.

Watergate Bay




No comments:

Post a Comment