Sunday 24 February 2013

A Bird in The Hand

Sunday 24th February 2013

One particular female blackbird has been visiting our garden for a few years now and has become increasingly more confident around us.  Our garden used to be her territory but she was ousted some time ago and now lives a few gardens away.  She will fly onto our back wall when she hears us open the back door or even if she sees the light on by the back door in the hope of being fed a few bits of suet on the shelf by the door.  She eats off of the plate of bird food before we have had chance to sprinkle the contents over the patio first thing in the morning too, with us only a few feet away. 

Well, today there was a development, as I put suet on the shelf for her she flew over with my hand still on the shelf so I then tried offering her suet from my hand.  After quite a few attempts at taking it and deciding not to at the last minute she did take it from my hand - epic!!   This made my day.  I tried again later in the day but the wind was so cold  my hand nearly froze so I had to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment