Saturday 18 April 2015

Evening Sun at Poldhu Cove - Cornwall

Saturday 18th April 2015

We are staying once again in a fantastic holiday cottage at Mullion on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall.  The weather forecast for the next five days or so is brilliant so we are hoping to get out walking along the South West Coast path. This evening we had a quick stroll along the coast to Poldhu Cove, for a bit of fresh air and my word was it fresh, and very windy!

There has been a brisk easterly wind all day so because of the wind direction the sea was fairly calm this evening.

Late evening sun.

The cliffs are covered in flowers, and I am fairly clueless on flowers so I wouldn't like to guess what they were, but we did see plenty of primroses and violets, a few early bluebells and in one spot lots of cowslips.

Just how I like beaches, fairly empty of people!



Walking back up the beach I spotted this large bird pecking around.  I instantly thought it was a raven and having checked it when we got back I am fairly sure it was, it took off shortly after I took this photo and it's wingspan was huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment