Tuesday 9 September 2014

Young Hedgehog

Tuesday 9th September 2014

This may not look like a young hedgehog but it is actually only 6 or 7 inches long, so very small and very cute!

Just after dark at about 8.30 pm last night as it was still fairly warm we decided to have a quick mile walk locally.  Last week my daughter and I went the same way and came across a tiny hedgehog mooching about on someone's front grass (they don't have a fence) but I hadn't taken my phone and her battery ran out a few minutes before so I didn't get a photo.  We stood watching it for a while until it raised itself up, like they do and ran off - fast! (they can certainly move when they want to).  Last night it was in exactly the same place and this time I took the above photo. Only a few weeks ago on 19th August I blogged about the fact that we hadn't seen a hedgehog in 18 months and now we've seen one on 3 occasions in 3 weeks (two of them the same little one, the other was quite a bit bigger).  Great to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment