Thursday 5 January 2017

Romsey in the Frost

Thursday 5th January 2017

I had a lovely unplanned walk this morning around Romsey, it was cold and frosty but wonderfully fresh and crisp.

Romsey Abbey

The War Horse Memorial in the Memorial Park, for details of the tribute, see here

The Bandstand.
Then I took more photos in the Memorial Park as it was such a lovely morning.

I saw lots of birds, this thrush (not sure which it is a song or mistle), a magpie, a swan flying overhead, mallard and aylesbury ducks, a chaffinch, pied wagtail, dunnock, robin, blackbirds (all over the place), wood pigeons, sparrow, moorhen, wren (close up) and a male blackcap.

This lot were in a right old flap, very vocal (mind you so would I have been sitting on the River Test in this cold weather!).


Moorhen (also being very vocal)




My favourite bird, singing his little heart out, taken by zooming in to infinity and beyond, but it's not bad I didn't think?

Then I just zoomed in a bit and took one that should be more in focus, but to me it doesn't look an awful lot different.

Then it was time to get on with the shopping as I was on a bit of a time limit, a very pleasant way to spend 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment