Thursday 3 November 2016

Goldcrests

Thursday 3rd November 2016

I just had to share these photos that I took this morning through the kitchen window of two little goldcrests.  I spotted one a couple of days ago in the tree and today it was back with a friend. They must have been around for well over five minutes and I don't think they stopped moving in that time.  I looked them up in a bird book and it states that they 'are a very small hyperactive species that always seems to be on the move', well, they're not kidding!!  I must have taken a dozen photos before I got one that wasn't a complete blur!  

Got 'em both  - just!!

Beautiful little birds.

Then at lunchtime, to add to the not seen so often in our garden list, along came a nuthatch for a few sunflower seeds!  Lovely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment