Friday 20 March 2015

The Priests Way - Swanage

Friday 20th March 2015

This afternoon's walk was a circular walk of 3.5 miles from Swanage along part of the Priests Way and back along the coast.  


Shortly after starting out, looking back over Swanage with Ballard Down in the distance.
Within quarter of a mile of my mother in laws house we saw.........

happy lambs, 
(I asked the farmer that was spraying and feeding them what breed of sheep these are, apparently a mixture of various breeds, including suffolk, dorset and charollais)

cows, I've no idea if they were happy or not, but they had certainly been up to their knees in mud at some stage recently, so maybe not!

deer, who had a face off with us and then went pronking across the field,

and badger sett evidence.

This bunch of daffodils was on the side of the footpath on a bank, just these cheery few.

Further on, at this lime kiln we successfully found a geocache.

The other side of the lime kiln.

Looking along the coast towards St Aldhelms Head.

Spring wouldn't be spring without lambs and....

woolly faced sheep and.....

more lambs!!!!

and banks of primroses.......

and more lambs! (twins this time)   I have to say this has to be my favourite photo of the day, unfortunately I didn't take this one!  (my husband did)

No comments:

Post a Comment